Saturday, October 20, 2012

We'll never know

I don’t know if I’ll ever believe it, it’s one of those things that will always be in the back of my mind. I grew up watching someone, a hero, who I had always looked up to. It’s not possible for me to say that Lance cheated. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to. My household was a place where he was looked up to. I saw every one of his tour wins. I am part of the generation who, when they thought of cyclists, thought Lance Armstrong. No one mentioned Tyler Hamilton or Levi Leipheimer, ever. Lance has raised an empire, inspiring so many around him, based off of all the struggles he has gone through. I don’t want him to be made a person to look down at because he cheated, so many cheat everyday, but he was caught. And the truth is that, and there’s nothing I can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment