Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Music Essay

The following is an essay written for a musical lesson scholarship by moi. I did not win it but I did come to terms with my relationship with music, the following is that analysis.

Music. Music is such a broad topic. There are different styles, coinciding with different time periods. There’s the conductor and how they choose to add drama to a piece. And there’s the musician who plays the music.  The role of music in a musician’s life is necessary, it may be the urge to hum constantly, take out their instrument when they’re bored, or simply listen to a favorite piece. I am a musician. Music is, for me, something to wake up to and fall asleep to. It is part of my daily schedule whether its orchestra every morning, practice during lunch, or rehearsals after school. Music is what keeps me going some days and other days, it opens my eyes. I don’t know where I would spend my time without having music in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment