Friday, February 28, 2014

Just Another Essay

The following is the essay for my NHS application. I honestly don't remember the essay question but I did get into NHS. Enjoy!


National Honors Society Application Essay

“Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.” This concept may not apply to everyone but it is something I have believed for a very long time. Throughout middle school I never really understood how people could be so busy as to miss homework or have to sleep in late. I didn’t do much after school then so basically everyday I’d take the bus home and have hours to do homework. Then I got to high school. I never imagined how many opportunities I would be presented with within only a year. It just seemed as though slowly and steadily I was creating an after school schedule to go along with my normal schedule. By this, my junior year, I have begun to book lunches for things I have to accomplish. Looking back I really don’t know how the first couple months have gone by so fast. The only thing I can say is that I really do take things one day at a time. Prioritizing is such an important aspect in controlling all I have to accomplish. Certain things, of course, rank higher than others. First and most importantly are my grades, tests, homework, projects, they all need to be complete or have a planned time to complete them. I know my parents wouldn’t have it any other way but more importantly, I cannot purposely not study for a test and just hope for the best, I cannot let other people do an entire project for me, and I especially cannot be the person who forgets their homework consciously. Maintaining my GPA is built within me, I will find every way possible to keep it stable.  If I were to be accepted as a member of the (School Name) Chapter of the National Honors Society, my responsibilities as a member would be next in line. I understand that being a member means dedication is required. I realize that by taking on this responsibility can and will mean missing other activities and social events. I believe that as a member I would be able to make a positive impact in my school and community as well as encourage others to do their best at all they wish to achieve.


Quote by Anne Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment