Monday, March 3, 2014

College Essay

This was my first attempt at a college essay. It is not the one I used to apply to any schools.

College Essay: Personal Statement

I am a flawed person. In my life I have found so many errors in my method of thinking. I am not the type of person to deny this. I am not close to perfection, but I am on the road, on a trip that’s end is indefinite. This journey started in a train crash sixteen years ago, but I knew my ride could only get better. I have the tendency to forget big things but remember small details. I have the skill to take control of group activities but often choose to be passive when confronted. Yet every minute I discover something different that can lead me to my future. I have learned that I am inclined to encourage optimism in the people around me, even on my worst days. I understand now that just because you can do something, does not mean you should, and have based many decisions off this rule. I have realized that the world is not a perfect place and that in order to succeed, it’s necessary to be determined and work hard. Facing my weaknesses has only led me to improvement. I have grown as a person from all the problems I have dealt with or even caused. I know now that sometimes it’s better to ask, rather than assume. I know I can be a leader without taking control. Instead I will motivate the people I work with and only insert my opinion when necessary. Through all I’ve learned about myself, I have engraved in my head a picture of perfection, my own image of success. The key element in my image of success is furthering my education, in order to pursue a career I am thoroughly interested in. Attending your educational institution would be the next step in achieving my goals. I will continue to admit my weaknesses in order to turn them into strengths and I see college as my opportunity to continue to paint the picture of perfection that I strive for.I know that the knowledge college provides will advance my journey and as I progress through this broken highway they call life, I know I have to face what’s in front of me and not regret the past. I am on a one-way road to self-discovery and there’s no turning back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment