Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dear Mr. President,

Dear Mr. President,

I really think your State of the Union address on 1/25/11 was amazing. I am really for some of the things you mentioned. Listening to your comments and advancements to be made in the future, brings me so much hope. I don't know if its hearing something besides, "In these tough financial times." Or just the idea of moving past this tragedy and continuing to get our country back. My favorite line would have to be, "Instead of subsidizing yesterday's energy, let's invest in tomorrows." I am amazed at what you said because of the meaning behind it. I am all for advancements in education, if the teachers and schools aren't as great as I want, then I get a not as great education. I'm not a student to take that risk. I live in a community of people who are very bias  on everything. I'm not one of those people. I live in an area who don't realize as much what their doing to the environment.  I live in any area that needs more awareness of the truth, of how this amazing country can stay on top. We can be the only place in the world to have amazing statistics in our ecological footprint, our education system, and our advanced way of living. I really think that some people live in the past too much with their beliefs and notions. I realize it will take decades to change their opinions. My main reason for writing this letter was to tell you about a interesting philosophy I've been thinking about for congress. Its called Project Purple. The idea is that the congress starts thinking about our nation, beyond their beliefs. For their people and only their people. Project Purple is just a way to say, you must compromise its for the good of the country. I saw this once, ONCE, in recent times. That was when they passed the 9/11 First Responders Healthcare Bill. I was so proud of our government on that day, it almost brought me to tears. But this is just a plan to get the congress men and women to begin thinking on more than snappy come backs on fox news. I just feel that we need to start working together, Republicans, Democrats, and people like me, Independents. Don't know if you realized it project purple is combining the red of Republicans and the blue of Democrats (plus purple is my favorite color and it rhymes). One thing is that I don't believe we should always look down on the country, we are normal people trying to grow with our advancements in technology, education, and the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment