Monday, January 3, 2011

Thought of Randomness

Does anyone know how a gas station is designed. I was wondering this the other day when we passed by a gas station that had been torn down, heres how the conversation went:

(note: previously the spot had a shell station and convenient store)
Mom- What do you think's gonna be there?

Me- I don't know, hopefully a quick check, thats still a good spot for a gas station.

Mom- They can't put that in, I saw they already removed the tanks.

Me- What if they were just replacing them?

Mom- I doubt it, there were 4 tanks, it would cost a lot to replace them.

Me- well how many tanks are need per pump.

Mom- Due to the fact that their is reg. and premium, for every 2 pumps you would have 2 tanks so 4 pumps equals 4 tanks.

Me- What about diesel, for trucks and stuff?

Mom- Diesel would be in a separate tank most likely at a un-noticed pump.

Me- How do you lay out the tanks?

Mom- I DON'T KNOW!!!
She didn't sound mad at me for being curious but more for the fact that she had as much knowledge on the subject as I did. Thats what fascinates me, that we don't know how the most useful fuel in the world works in our own cars. I tried to find this out, searching through google like a mindless wreck. Somehow by typing in, "How does a gas station work" I came up with muscle milk, a stiletto,  and an American flag. I really wanted to find a diagram of the amazing system but not even wikipedia could provide that for me. ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment